Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Knife Process - Update

The new gluing process is working great. It saves an enormous amount of time, labor, and materials and lets me put together a much stronger handle. I could not be more pleased with how this is working. I put two knives under glue yesterday and finished them today and I have one more under glue tonight to finish tomorrow.

I believe God is blessing me in this craftsmanship in order to prepare the way for the next big chapter of my life. To put that chapter in perspective, the decision of moving to Texas and going off-grid is going to look of no more importance than choosing between chicken or pork for dinner tonight. I'll speak more of that in the months to come, but right now I am praying for guidance and support. This decision is shaking my faith to the very foundation though we've been talking about it for years.

The sun is going down in the west and there's a pleasant east wind blowing. The rain last night and today passed us by without dropping anything but I have hope that the rains are coming. The oldtimers around here say that we always get drenched in June for a week or so straight to prepare us for the deep drought of July and August. All of the infrastructure is in place to capture this water should it materialize, so with God's blessing ... let it pour!

No comments: