Friday, February 1, 2013

Burst Blogging

Over the next few days, prepare for a lot of little posts throughout the day. I'm still sick with the flu so I can't really get out and do any work, but I'm now feeling well enough not to just sit and moan. So I'm catching up on some reading and listening to some lectures online.

As thoughts occur to me, I'll record them here for posterity. Some will hold water, and some won't.

So for the first one ...

All of our society is predicated upon violence. If you don't believe me, go through your day and ask yourself honestly how many of your actions are done because of the threat of violence. For example, you buy property or rent because you don't want to be homeless and get arrested for vagrancy. You pay for that property because you don't want to be forcefully thrown out of your home.

Now for the question you can put the answer in comments:

Q: Who threatens you most with violence?

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I suspect we ALL know the answer. (Ask any widow.)

Xa Lynn said...

Your post forces me to question the most basic assumptions of this culture, starting with the concept of personal property... this isn't going to be "comfortable" at all.