Tuesday, February 12, 2013

City Living

I hate having to spend time in the cities. Absolutely hate it.

I feel damped down, numbed, and lobotomized in the cities. I always think, "I have to spend a few days in a hotel room so I'll get some writing done" but then by the end of the day when my work is done I'm so exhausted and stressed out that I can't actually do anything productive.

The cities assault you with smells and noise and sights but nothing is from nature. It's all from man. It's hideous. I cannot see how people live here, and I wonder what it is doing to their minds.

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I've lived four years out of 57 in town. That was over 35 years ago. I look on it as a learning experience. I hope I never have to move back.

Mamma Bear said...

I hate to go to town. I would be content to live my life being a hermit with only my family and a few good friends nearby.