Friday, January 6, 2012

Compost Update

Forgot to take a photo of this, but I had 3-4 tons of woodchipped mulch delivered today by the county landfill. Our lone compost pile has had trouble "digesting" the grey water and the septic as it will only seem to handle about 30 gallons every 2 days. That left some runoff after "bath day".

With this new system I've got a smaller pile started that's handling things just fine and I can add to it every day as we add in waste from the compost toilet and grey water. Once I get some fruit trees planted I'll have other uses for the grey water as well.

2 comments:

TROUBLEnTX said...

Guess i missed yesterday's post, and the PICS!!! thx. Love to see a work in progress.

Patrice said...

You might want to check out http://womacknursery.com/ for your fruit and nut trees. I'm not sure of the location other than in Texas. The info on them was sent to me in an e-mail from a friend who resides in Texas and ordered some trees to replace some old ones on their homestead. The nursery supposedly has been in business for 75 years and has decent prices.