Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Week

Been a long week of driving and working. I've been working in Waco this week, a mere 2 hours drive from my home so I make the trip morning and night. Waco is my old stomping ground as I spent a significant portion of my later teenage years there. Driving past old haunts and down the streets where a teenage Ernie roamed is a good reminder of why we were instructed to put "new wine in new wineskins." It is very easy for the 40 year old Ernie to slip into the 19 year old Ernie's mental shoes.

We're looking forward to a bit of rain here this weekend. Our rainwater system is set up now and we're prepared to capture. We have about 100 gallons of capacity to fill, which is about 1/4 of an inch worth, but we'll be happy to get it. As time goes on, the chlorinated, semi-toxic water from the "grid" that was transported into our catchment tank will be more and more diluted with the "pure" until such time as we shall never know the other. Perhaps our minds are following suit as well.

I had a wonderful lunch with an old friend today and was thrilled to hear that their daughter who was suffering from some form of early arthritis has now been miraculously healed! Praise God! There is nothing better than good news from an old friend about people you love and care about.

Today is a good day.

No comments: