Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Back in the Workshop

Well we're back in the workshop today as part of the New Year push. The cold weather has driven me out a bit of late, as well as a touch of illness. I'm feeling better and the weather is warm enough that the small woodstove should keep the chill at bay, so let's make some knives!

I'm still having trouble with Paypal. I failed some "fraud detection" test of theirs and they suspended my accounts for the Etsy store. I now have to jump through hoops to get them to believe who I am. While it is designed to protect me and them, I can't help but get the feeling it helps them MORE so I'm dropping out of Paypal altogether.

I have set up my shop now to accept regular credit card payments, check or money order. Only problem is that I have a severe shortage of knives for sale! Only three legacy holdouts from last year (that didn't sell).

So it's back to the shop for me to crank out some nice knives.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PossumCreekKnifework

1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

MOST "convenient" things are only convenient for the powers that be. They tried telling me that I was using the wrong number when I tried to sign up, then a day or two later welcomed me to their system. The only thing is, they say I'm not using the right password (even though I've tried every logical combination for me), so I've had a useless account for three years and the system wouldn't let me change the password or start a new account the last time I tried.