Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rumors of My Demise

I'm still alive. Barely. Bleh. This flu has taken a lot out of me over the past week. I'm on the downhill side of it now so I'm up and moving around again, but I haven't been this sick in a couple of years.

The big sale on knives was a success and I've sold most everything. I've got a couple in a near-finished state in the shop from before I got sick so you'll be seeing some new items soon. I'm also going to be trying my hand at sheath-making again. That wasn't a success before and I don't know that it will be this time either, but I haven't been able to locate a leathersmith to team up with down here. Knives always sell better with a matching sheath.

I've gotten a few custom orders in lately too, which is always good. I'm going to try to arrange on my Etsy site a way to sell custom orders directly, but I think customers do like the discussion back and forth as to what sort of knife they would like. It's not often in this world anymore that you get to have something crafted to your exact specifications.

Well, that's my energy level for the day. I'm guessing my body is putting everything it's got into healing so I'll be back up and running again soon. Stay kicking out there, folks. Winter is almost over. We'll be planting our spring gardens before we know it.

No comments: