Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11 Bunker Index - Empty Chairs

As you plan and prepare for the future, there's two chairs at your table you should also be considering. The first chair represents the friends and family you have who haven't done so, but during or after the collapse will realize you were absolutely right all along and will make their way towards you.

I hear a lot of talk on forums about how people won't or can't take these people in. Of course you're going to take them in. They're good people, otherwise you wouldn't have been friends with them before the collapse either! They can man a barricade, stand sentry, pull weeds, or milk a cow once they are taught to do so and their strength and vigor (especially as a new convert) will enhance your community. Keep them in mind!

The second chair represents those friends whom you haven't yet met. The wanderers and refugees who may very well have prepared but somehow found themselves routed from their own redoubts and set loose in the world. They'll be a vital part of your community as well.

If I seem to be reporting a lot on the Occupy movements, it's by design. I believe they are the worst threat to our republic in a long time and bear watching closely. They may self-destruct or they may coalesce around a charismatic leader. We have yet to see how this evolves. Stay ready!

I'm not going to get all maudlin and thank veterans today. I'm a veteran myself and it freaks me out a little when people utter the "thank you for your service" reply when they learn of it. When this day rolls around I like to pray a little, and hug my kids and my wife a little closer.

Stay tuned this weekend. I have a big treat for you guys tomorrow. Something I've been working on for awhile. Mike Vanderboegh, of Sipsey Street Irregulars blog and probably in the top 5 on the liberal government's hit list, consented to an interview (by consented I mean "succumbed to my stalking") and I'll post the transcript here.



1. At Occupy Oakland a man was shot, and then when news crews tried to report on it they were attacked by the mob. Is this not getting ridiculous?

2. No flags on Cinco de Mayo, a Federal court has ruled in California. Because everyone is allowed to be proud of their heritage EXCEPT Americans. It's almost as if the government is making a conscious decision to PREVENT illegal aliens from assimilating.

3. Very low but "safe" levels of radiation have been detected over the Czech republic. It's detectable elsewhere in Europe as well but they can't figure out where it's coming from. It's not harmful they claim but their inability to find its source is troubling. They did announce that it's NOT Fukushima.

4. Occupy Vermont is unsettled after a shooting death. First off, I'm shocked to find out there is an Occupy Vermont, and much more shocked to learn that it's behaving badly.

5. And tuberculosis has broken out at Occupy Atlanta. Nothing like having a highly communicable disease spreading through the population.

6. The head of an army unit that murdered civilians and collected their body parts for trophies has been found guilty on all counts. While it is disturbing to hear about soldiers behaving this way, particularly on Veteran's Day, I'm keeping in mind that it is still shocking enough behavior that they put him on trial and found him guilty.

1 comment:

Gary said...

It's comforting to know I'm not the only veteran who is bothered by being thanked for my service.

http://www.oldhippie.com/forums/us-military-forum/21193-some-personal-veterans-day-thoughts.html

I got here from Mike's blog and will be adding your site to my favorites.